Saturday, May 24, 2008

I should probably start packing


Many thanks to the Homel family who had the genius idea for me to write a blog. It is far superior to sending out mass emails, plus this way I can use pretty colors!

Today is May 24, the day my journey begins. I depart for Los Angeles at 6:40pm, and then have a long layover until I depart for Seoul at 12:30 am.  I am scheduled to arrive in Korea at 5 in the morning on Monday, and begin my teacher training later that day!

As it stands, my communication is limited to two expressions: "anyong haseo" ("hello", formally), and "kyopto" (cute). I'll keep you updated as my repertoire expands. I've bought a korean phrasebook as well as some audio books that I'm sure will keep me cozy on lonely nights.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by for pizza and beer last night! I love you all so much and hope that you'll keep in touch.

love love love!


4 comments:

Tanner Jackson said...

leave already! no, wait...don't.

Elyse said...

you'll be missed. but i know that your experiences will be amazing.

think of us often! and don't decide to stay...

LOVE!

Andrea Smith said...

Olivia this is so cool! I can't wait for all of your exciting stories!!!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Cool idea to start a blog; -I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Perhaps you'll keep this going after you return. Bon Voyage. Love, Dad